The Editing Continues

Today is April 4th, 2022. Today is the second part of editing the clips we filmed so far. The reason I am still on the second part is because it had to be re-edited this time with Monzur helping a lot more, Being  the a editor is turning out to be really helpful. The insight that goes on in my head, and the vision I have before every scene, makes editing very easy. Basically, while editing I can make the project look exactly how I envisioned it in my head. Today, I had to keyframe the roof scene into the scene of Monzur running away from me, the zombie. The scene of me getting hit had to be sped up, because while filming I didn't swing hard enough to actually hurt him, and so speeding up that scene makes it look like, Merlin (M.C) is actually hurting the zombie, which is me. A problem that was encountered while editing was that I accidentally deleted the music portion, and I didn't have the music file saved. This little misstep did not seem like a big deal in hence sight but it was a really annoying inconvenience. The reason being was because I had to go into my YouTube history and filter out the royalty free music that I used for the project. This was not that difficult, but mixing it in with the dialogue and voiceover, proved a nuisance. Although a nuisance, a short 10 minutes, and the problem was fixed. One other thing I would have to add to the film, was a filter to make the flashback NOTICEABLE and so the viewer can tell it is a flashback. There was also a portion of the film where I had to edit out a sound that we didn't want to be heard. It was a little hard, as the sound was very brief but loud, but it wasn't a problem. After these new changes that were made the Opening sequence looks much better than before. Monzur was a really big help in this since he is the better person at editing. I can not wait for these new clips to be finish being filmed so I can see how the final product will turn out. 


Comments